Saturday, March 19, 2011

Watching the news 24/7 and reading all the information on the internet has been pretty stressful and confusing for alot of people in Tokyo. Even though my husband needed to stay in Tokyo to work and my parents were here in Tokyo, I was ready to escape to be in a safer place...wherever that may be.

The planned power outage, trains stopping and the shortage of certain foods, baby diapers and other select items when you go to the grocery store (either due to the people paniking & buying the shelves out or cause the deliveries where not possible or cause factories are closed down for now). These things were worrying people but to be honest life in Tokyo is fine. And as I realized that, Sota and I started to get back to our daily routine (going to the pool, seeing neighborhood friends) and living our normal life again.

Now that my mind is clearer from all the worries, I was able to think about the people in the Tohoku area and how we can help...manpower seems to be what is lacking most at the moment so I hope to volunteer from Tokyo (perhaps at the evacuation centers or even just sorting donated supplies...which I need to look into) but other than that EVERYONE needs to continue to save power, donate money/relief supplies and the easiest thing for all of us to do is to simply keep our positive vibes.

No comments:

Post a Comment