Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Rice Krispie Treats

Lately, Sota's been into eating marshmallows which reminded me of my childhood and the rice krispie treats I made/eat with my mom.

The normal Rice Krispies is hard to find in Japan but the chocolate krispies is pretty much in any cereal aisle and you can pretty much find a small(110g) bag of marshmallows for about 100 Yen anywhere.

So, as you probably already know...to make these treats, melt 1tbsp butter and bag of marshmallow together (be careful so it doesn't burn). Once marshmallow is totally melted turn off the heat and pour in 3.5 cups of the krispies and mix together quickly. Press mixture into a buttered pan, let cool and cut!

It's so easy & soo good that I'm definitely gonna make it again.
*The only thing about this recipe is that the melted marshmallow is pretty much glues to the pan so it's hard to wash! (LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment